Do you need to delete a step in your flow?
Deleting a step in Power Automate can be a simple task, but it is frustrating if you don’t know how to do it.
Perhaps you’re trying to remove a step that’s no longer necessary in your flow. Fortunately, the process is straightforward and can be done in just a few clicks.
This post is going to show you how to delete any action in your flow.
Deleting a Step in Power Automate
Removing a step from your Power Automate flow can sometimes be necessary to keep your flow running smoothly. Whether you need to make a change or simply remove an unnecessary step, deleting a step is a straightforward process.
Follow these steps to delete a step in Power Automate,
- Click on the Ellipses icon in the top right corner of the step you want to delete.
- Select the Delete option from the menu.
This step and associated dynamic content will be deleted from this flow.Delete Step
This will open a popup menu asking you to confirm that you want to delete the step.
- Confirm that you want to delete the step by pressing the Yes button.
It’s important to note that deleting a step may have an impact on the rest of your flow.
- References to the deleted action inside an expression will remain in your flow, but when the flow runs these will result in an error since the action no longer exists.
- Dynamic content from the deleted action will be removed from the flow automatically when you delete the action.
Make sure to review your flow after deleting a step to ensure that everything still works as intended.
If you’re having trouble deleting a step, try the following.
- Manually remove any references to the action in subsequent actions.
- Save your flow and then try deleting the step again.
- Refresh your browser and then try deleting the step again.
Deleting a step is simple and can help keep your flows organized and efficient. By following these steps, you can easily remove any unnecessary steps.
Deleting a step can be necessary when you want to modify your flow or when a step is no longer needed.
You can simply click on the Ellipses icon and select the Delete option, but keep in mind that deleting a step will also delete any dependent steps and may impact the functionality of your flow.
Did you know how to delete an action? Let me know in the comments!